Central Pacific Island Environments
The Pacific Ocean is a region of islands
[See Wikipedia Entry: List of Pacific Islands]
some 749 oceanic islands are associated with the
Pacific, Cocos, and Nazca Plates. By type, Menard
lists 17 active volcanoes, 53 high islands, 73
banks, and 606 atolls and guyots.
- Hawaii Statewide GIS Program (DBEDT)
- Topozone for USGS topographic maps online of the Islands (and all the U.S.)
- Pacific Islands listed (CPIE)(work in progress)
- Nationwide Rivers Inventory -- Hawaii (NPS)
- Oceania - Search Yahoo **
- City & County of Honolulu GIS Maps -- Click on "Parcel and Zoning;" stay away from "Economic Development" maps. Although the older system provided much more useful information, the new system is easy to use if all you need is address and tax map key data.
Government Data Sources & Web Gateway Pages
- EPA - Environmental Protection Agency **.
- Hawaii Coastal Zone Management Program — DBEDT **
- NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration**
- NRCS - National Resource Conservation Service at USDA**
- USACOE - U.S. Army Corps of Engineers **
- USFWS - The U. S. Fish & Wildlife Service **
- USGS - The U. S. Geological Survey **
- Publications of the U.S. Geological Survey, Water Resources Division, Hawaii District (Since 1980)
Last modified September 21, 2010 by webmaster at (firstname.lastname@example.org)