Central Pacific Island Environments
... cover 70% of the planet Earth's surface. Largest of the oceans
on Earth is the
Wikipedia Entry: Pacific Ocean
Air Photo and Satellite Images
Weather & Climate
Climate / Weather Data Summaries
Central Pacific Hurricanes
Tides & Currents
- The Ocean Atlas of Hawaii P. Flament et al. (1996), SOEST, UH.
- Geographical summary -- CIA World Factbook (1997)
- Geographical summary -- E-Conflict Encyclopedia by Emulate Me
- Current Views of the Pacific from Space -- NOAA
- List of Pacific Maps & Images -- Michael Ogden's Pacific Islands Resources
- Sun and Moon data -- sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset, moon phase, and transits of the Sun and Moon, by specified date and location (U.S. or worldwide) from the U.S. Naval Observatory
- Bench Marks, NOAA (OSPD) -- descriptions of NOAA coastal (tidal) bench marks in Hawai'i
- Bench Marks, NOAA (OSPD) -- descriptions of NOAA coastal (tidal) bench marks at American Samoa, Guam, Johnston, Kwajalein, Midway, Moen, Tahiti, and Wake
- GIS Data Sources
- DBEDT ~ Hawaii State GIS Program
Government Data Sources & Web Gateway Pages
- Tidal heights for Central Pacific island locations: Honolulu (Oahu), Kailua Kona (Hawaii), Kihei (Maui), Lehui (Kauai), Moku o Loe (Kaneohe Bay, Oahu), Naha Ko (Okinawa), Tarawa (Kiribati), future or any time period specified.
- Future tidal heights for Hawaiian Islands locations: Honolulu (Oahu), Kailua Kona (Hawaii), Kaunakakai (Molokai), Kihei (Maui), Lehui (Kauai), Moku o Loe (Kaneohe Bay, Oahu) projected up to 30 days ahead.
- Tidal heights for South Pacific island locations: Mataiva (Tahiti), Motuoini (Tahiti), Nuku`alofa (Tonga), Hango Piko (Easter), Suva Harbor (Fiji), Tailevu (Fiji), future or any time period specified.
- Future tidal heights for other Pacific island locations: Kwajalein Atoll (RMI) projected up to 30 days ahead.
- NOAA Oceanographic Products and Services Division (OPSD) -- Time and height differences for numerous Pacific islands locations and monthly tide tables for referenced stations. Use these tables if your location is not one of the places listed above.
Last modified January 12, 2009 by webmasters at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
© Eric Guinther, 1999, 2009